Are you moving interstate away from or to Brisbane or the Gold Coast?
Let First Choice Removals transport you wherever you need to go easily and affordably. We’re experts at interstate moves and we’re known for our customer service. Prompt, polite and efficient removal services is what you will receive when you trust us with your interstate removal.
We can move you interstate from Sydney to Rockhampton and anywhere in between. Contact us for more information regarding our coverage area.
Call 07 5576 7618 (Burleigh Heads), 0412 299 653 (Helensvale) or use our online contact form.
As interstate removalists we have the experience you’re looking for to help make your move stress-free and seamless. The last thing you want to be concerned with when moving to a different state is getting your treasured possessions and furniture safely from one house to the next.
We’ve put together some hints and tips below for preparing to move interstate:
Tips For Moving Interstate
- Don’t move something that can be thrown out. Getting rid of things you don’t want to move makes your load smaller which could save you money and packing time, de-clutter your house if you’re trying to sell it and help to clarify the items that need to be moved making the task seem more achievable
- Consider the types of packing materials you’ll need for moving. Consider any special items which might require specific attention, such as pot plants or bulky items. You can purchase moving boxes and packing materials (with free delivery*) from us to make the process more straightforward and avoid running around.
- Glassware and fragile items can be double wrapped in newspaper, or if you want to save some space and kill two birds with one stone you can wrap these delicate items in bath towels and linen.
- Purchase some foam off-cuts from a foam rubber shop. You will find uses for it that you hadn’t even considered when packing.
- Make sure that you have important documents that you will need before, during and immediately after the move in a safe but convenient place. Rifling through boxes to find crucial documents and then re-packing them doesn’t help your stress levels.
- Redirecting mail: pretty straight forward but keep tabs on mail that comes in over the weeks leading up to the move and make a list of mail items to change mailing address on for when you move into your new dwelling. Include phone numbers or web addresses you need to call or access to make the changes.
- Only have a few things to move? You can save on your moving fees by combining your items with other jobs that are going in the same direction. Find out more about our Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sydney backloading services.
Of course there are plenty of other hints and tips when moving interstate. If you have any excellent tips that we’ve missed feel free to email us and we’ll include them here! Read more moving tips here.