FIRST CHOICE REMOVALS TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL MOVE
- Try and reduce the amount of perishables in the refrigerator and freezer
- Have an Eski on hand for both storage and a few cold drinks
- Minimise stress by packing some items away in a spare room
- Call upon a friend or family member to take the children out for the day or organise a sleepover at a friend’s house
- Make sure your animals are out of harms way
- Label boxes clearly and indicate which way is up
- Make sure each box is marked for the appropriate room of the house
- Make sure your electricity, phone and gas are connected at the new house
- Make sure your electricity, phone and gas are disconnected at the old house the day after your move
- Advise family and friends of your new address and phone number
- Pack heavy items over a number of different boxes – mix with light items, on the top – and label clearly
- Place linen on the bottom and tops of boxes
- Pack fragile items in small boxes
Patrick - March 2012
I usually always do my own removals when I have had too as I had basically lost faith in removalist from past experiences. But my girlfried recommended these guys as she had used them for her office move, great stuff fellers! timely, polite and very professional. Your in a league of your own.
Marcus - February 2012
Moving interstate and requiring a complete house hold re-location, this was a big job for these guys, a family of 7 with 5 teenage kids, this was a job best left to the professionals. Everything was perfectly executed with all items packed and unpacked, furniture placement was made and in all, an amazing job.
Megan - June 2011
I had a lot of glassware and other fragile items and was very scared of things getting broken in transit, I couldn’t sleep the night before the move! But the guys did a fantastic job and everything was fine, I highly recommend First Choice Removals and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
Kym - March 2011
I have never had much luck with removalists and have always had a few damaged items in the past, but the guys at First Choice Removals were amazing, they were polite, took extreme care with my belongings with all items very well packed. 10 out of 10 guys!